The NF CA5350 Programmable Current Amplifier is a variable gain type, current-input, voltage-output amplifier. Gain can be set from 104 V/A to a maximum of 1011 V/A. In addition, the included current suppression function enables the canceling of the dark current that cannot be avoided with photoelectric conversion elements such as photodiodes. BNC connectors are used for input and output, so special cables or an external power supply are not required. The various settings, including gain, are easy to perform using the dial and keys on the front panel, and the set values are displayed on the screen. Since the GPIB and USB interfaces make remote control also possible, gain and other settings can be performed from a personal computer, making it easy to configure an automatic measurement system. With its performance, functions and operability, this programmable current amplifier supports the current amplification of signals from a variety of current output sensors. The CA5350 Series can act as a preamplifier for a lock-in amplifier.
- Current suppression
- For photodiodes and photo transistors, in the absence of incident light, a weak current called a dark current will flow. In a current amplifier with high gain, a small DC current input becomes a large voltage when output, and the amplifier is saturated and measurement becomes impossible. The built-in suppression current source is adjustable to cancel the input of such dark current. The current suppression setting can be selected in six ranges from ±8nA to ±800μA. In addition, the auto-suppression function can be used to automatically set the range and current value required to suppress the dark current (See photo section)
- Built-in filters and DC power supply for low noise
The CA5350 Series achieve an ultra-low noise. In addition, in order to remove noise components and to improve the signal-to-noise ratio (SN ratio), the built-in filter can be set to a response speed in the range of 1μs to 300ms to optimize the SN ratio and response speed depending on the application. And furthermore, in our pursuit of the low noise operation that is essential to the amplification of a weak current, we have adopted a low noise DC power supply in the power supply section using our own unique technology (See photo section)
- Built-in system features for interfaces, input and output terminals
- The standard-equipped USB and GPIB interfaces support remote control and integration of the CA5350 Series into an automatic measurement system. Since input and output terminals are provided on both the front and rear panels, you can choose the terminals depending on how you are connecting to sensors or other equipment. In addition, the half-rack size makes the integration of multiple units easy (See photo section)
- Bias power supply −8V to +8V
- Bias power supply for applying a bias voltage to a variety of sensors
- Display backlight brightness setting
- 3-level setting including OFF. Also, this enables use in light-sensitive experiments
- Setting memory: 10 sets
Acting as a preamplifier for a lock-in amplifier
Miko, established in 1980, is a leading instrumentation distributor in Hong Kong and China.
Over the years, we have been fully engaged in the sales and marketing of electronic T&M instruments in the territory. Our market sector coverage includes telecommunication, power, data communication, audio, broadcasting and education.